Contracts Manager | Auckland
- North Shore Based
- Influence safety on the Auckland road network
- Bring your expertise in operations, contracts and monitoring
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective contract management
- Collegial and positive team environment
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Behind all the road networks runs a busy Road Corridor Operations team based in Smales Farm, ATOC (Auckland Transport Operations Centre) based on the North Shore. This is the hub that assists and helps to deliver a safe and integrated traffic and transportation network, where there is an expectation of expertise in operation, contracts and monitoring.
ATOC is a partnership between NZ Transport Agency and Auckland Transport whose purpose is to deliver an integrated approach to transport management in the Auckland region.
Join the Assets and Contracts Team, and manage Maintenance Contractors that affect the safe and reliable operation of ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) assets on the network. In this role you will take responsibility for managing key relationships and provide regular reporting on performance against SLAs and budgets.
You will develop and deliver the maintenance and renewal programmes relating to ITS roadway assets, which includes variable message signs; School Zone Signs now operating on an IoT network; CCTV cameras; bus Variable Passenger Information Displays, and Speed Indicating signs. You will deliver this programme by effectively managing sizable maintenance contracts with external suppliers. You must work closely with the Asset Managers to maintain accurate records of your asset base.
This is an opportunity to work in an environment where what you do has tangible safety outcomes. The environment within the Transport Operations center is interesting, and no two days would be the same.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise well
- The ability to sustain a high level of energy and positivity during challenging times
- A disciplined approach to managing contracts including the use of effective systems and process to monitor performance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes, delegate effectively and empower others to get use of all resources to achieve the best outcomes.
- Attention to detail
- 3 years' experience in management and application of traffic operations, project or contract management. Or equivalent engineering trades experience.
- A good understanding of risk management and the ability to identify risks and take early action to mitigate potential or actual negative consequences.
- An understanding of the legislative environment regarding traffic operations
- Demonstrated experience in contract management or administration.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the workings and functions of local government, including current and future business drivers and statutory requirements
This is a rare opportunity to work in a unique environment, where what you do is highly impactful.
Applications close Sunday 21st October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Contracts Manager September 2018.pdf (PDF, 790KB)
Follow us on