Senior Property Manager | Auckland
Senior Property Manager
- Be part of a friendly, collaborative and supportive workplace
- Busy and varied role in an organisation where people matter
- Auckland location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
This is a great opportunity to play a vital role in managing Auckland's regional state highway property. Working closely with our Property teams, the wider organisation as well as external parties, you will contribute to annual programmes and service delivery objectives.
We are looking for someone with senior level experience who has a careful yet agile approach and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders on best practice initiatives and policy. This role offers plenty of variety; amongst other responsibilities you will oversee the Agency's property portfolio, negotiate with property owners, and contribute to the tendering of contracts. This role also gives you the opportunity to showcase your strong initiative and problem solving skills.
Another key part of this role is managing property around legislative and Government policy matters, so your knowledge of the Public Works Act will be crucial to your success.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience in a larger scale property service contract management including managing service providers, compliance and Health and Safety
- A high level of experience and commercial acumen around property management ideally from a public sector property management perspective
- A sound understanding of the issues involved in the purchase and sale of property for government use including and understanding of the Public Works Act and related Crown policy
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing significant stakeholder relationships
- The ability to take a strategic view when required
This role is based in Auckland.
Applications close: 23 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD - Senior Property Manager - Akld - June 2018 1 .pdf (PDF, 1.03MB)
Follow us on