Principal / Senior Planner | Wellington
Principal / Senior Planner
- Bring your extensive experience in resource management planning and consenting
- Provide input into statutory planning processes and land use developments
- Wellington location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the System Design and Delivery group is on designing and delivering an integrated transport system – one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
This is a role for either a Principal Planner, or Senior Planner to support and provide leadership for the delivery of the planning/consenting workstreams associated with state highway activities (including designations, resource consents, Heritage NZ Authority and Department of Conservation concessions).
You'll get the chance to represent and input into the development and implementation of community and stakeholder engagement plans for state highway improvement projects and network management contracts. Use your comprehensive understanding of the Resource Management, Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, Wildlife and Conservation Acts to oversee and contribute to the development of and monitor the implementation of consenting strategies for state highway improvement projects and network management contracts.
This role can be either at the Principal Planner or Senior Planner level and appointment will be based on the level of experience and skill you offer.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant relevant experience (according to the role level) in resource management planning, consenting, consent compliance and community consultation
- Comprehensive understanding of the Resource Management Act (RMA) and regulatory and planning process, including designation and consenting provisions
- Experience in other relevant statutes including Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act, Wildlife Act and Conservation Act
- Experience in drafting submissions and evidence and presenting evidence at hearings
- Proven experience in working with and managing relationships with consenting and regulatory authorities as well as consultants and contractors.
- Transport sector experience working across the project life cycle from transport planning, through construction to network management.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write, review and critique consenting strategies, consent applications, notices of requirement and outline plans
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use rigorous logic and methods
- Tertiary qualification in planning or a related discipline (post graduate is desirable for the Principal level role).
Applications close: Tuesday 26 June 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Follow us on