Senior Engineer Vehicle Standards | Wellington
Senior Engineer Vehicle Standards
- Provide a serious contribution to road safety in NZ
- Be part of the Vehicle Standards Team and make a difference
- Fast changing broad dynamic environment
- Roles with huge variations from small wheels to big wheels
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The performance and success of the organisation depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Operational Standards and Guidelines team deals with complex technical issues, seeking the balance between regulatory requirements and keeping the country safe. We wear the hat of the regulator because safety is a top priority.
In this role, you will be a technical expert providing engineering support to customer facing Agency teams on all things vehicles. You will work with Principal Engineers, industry partners, organisations and other government departments to ensure we improve the customer experience and keep our roads safe. You will be involved in setting the standards and guidelines for in service vehicle inspections, repairs, modifications and the acceptance of vehicles into the NZ Fleet, ensuring they are easily understood and maintained in a fit state for NZ. While the role deals with both light and heavy vehicles, higher levels of skill in one or other can be accommodated.
Join a highly knowledgeable, professional and committed team working collaboratively across the Agency and beyond. You will be both a technical subject matter expert and a regulatory expert. This is a great opportunity if you have a high level of skill and experience and are looking to grow in sector knowledge and expand your own skills, as there is a commitment that we will develop you.
What you will bring
- Strong mechanical and automotive engineering experience as well as vehicle knowledge
- Good understanding of NZ regulatory vehicle requirements, rules and standards
- Good technical writing skills along with clear communication skills and the ability to talk with sector groups.
- A logical and pragmatic approach to solving complex challenges affecting a wide range of people
- A systematic approach to problem solving
- A strong focus on collaboration to achieve agreed outcomes
- The curiosity and technical nous to research solutions using external sources
- The desire to grow in a regulatory environment
Join us and impact safety across NZ.
Applications close: Monday 30 July 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Engineer Vehicle Standards PD.pdf (PDF, 894KB)
Follow us on