Principal Project Manager (Owner Interface Manager) | Auckland
Principal Project Manager (Owner Interface Manager)
- High Profile Regional Project
- Represent the Transport Agency on Large Alliance Contract
- 4 year New Plymouth based Project
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Mt Messenger Alliance has formed to lead a nationally significant Highway project, the Mt Messenger Bypass. This is one of the Governments accelerated projects to enhance economic outcomes by connecting regions.
The purpose of the role is to represent NZ Transport Agency interests as the Owner Interface Manager. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder engagement and relationships with a focus on balancing the contractual requirements of the project within the cultural and enviromental constraints You will be responsible for key external relationships with Maori/Iwi/Hapu groups, landowners, key stakeholders, regional and district councils and Crown and you will work with both internal and external parties to maintain the timelines and outcomes of this project.
In this role you will need to have a broad understanding of the Transport Agency and its role, its Project Management model and delivery outcomes, along with a broad understanding of the NZTA Business Case and Alliacing model. This is a 4 year fixed term role and you will be a member of the Alliance Management Team representing the interests of NZTA and managing the interface between the Mt Messenger Alliance (MMA) and the Agency.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 15 years' experience in project/programme management, including financial & risk management
- Experience in managing contracts within the road transport area.
- a sound understanding of NZS3910 and Alliancing
- Experience in analysing complex engineering problems and solutions
- Experience with advanced procurement models
- Broad experience in road construction works and an in-depth knowledge of the processes involved in planning, designing and building
- Experience in engaging with key strategic stakeholders including Iwi
Applications close 27 May 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Principal Project Manager.pdf (PDF, 604KB)
Follow us on