Senior Network Manager | Northland
Senior Network Manager
- Help create safer journeys for New Zealanders
- Influence the standard of roading in the Northland Region
- Network and contract management delivery focus
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
Deliver our regional maintenance and operations programme for the Northland highway corridor. As a Senior Network Manager your purpose is to provide expertise to support long term maintenance of our road assets
You will perform programme management and monitoring of Low Cost/Low Risk (minor improvements) projects. These are likely to include projects to improve Safety, Resilience and Efficiency of the land transport system and State Highway.
The role will draw on your strong relationship and influencing skills to ensure; planning, design, construction, asset managers and maintenance teams collaborate throughout the full lifecycle of all road assets. You will be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid understanding of agency activities and knowledge of local communities
- Proven technical asset and maintenance management and pavement knowledge
- Experience in working across central and local government
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management, budget management and commercial acumen
- Proven project management and negotiation skills
- A relevant tertiary education - Bachelor of Engineering or similar technical qualification
- Experience in transport sector
Applications close Tuesday 29 May 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Network Manager -May 2018.pdf (PDF, 600KB)
Follow us on