Advisor | Wellington
- Bring your passion for transport
- Opportunity to utilise your central or local government, policy or regulatory experience
- Showcase your strong communication and interpersonal skills
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In our Strategy, Policy and Planning group, our aim is to set the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning and drive organisation-wide success through effective monitoring of delivery performance.
This Advisor role supports and works closely with Principal and Lead Advisors, the Practice Manager, Policy and other staff to support the formation of regulatory and transport policy. You will be working across the sector to help positively influence broader policy and legislative setting to enable us to successfully deliver on the Transport Agency plan. We're looking for someone with a real interest in transport. You don't have to have a policy or regulatory background (although this would be beneficial). You will support the more senior members of the team with things like writing, Ministerial correspondence, helping analyse research and contribute to the development of operational policy. We are looking for a collaborative, people person with a can-do attitude who will enjoy building relationships with stakeholders and the rest of the team, to ensure our objectives are met.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- An understanding of the policy making process and NZ's regulatory framework
- Experience or understanding of the machinery of Government and the decision making process
- Experience in or exposure to developing successful future focused policies to inform and guide whole of system planning
- Some experience in a role with a high level of strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking in a complex environment
- An understanding of the New Zealand transport system and its policy and regulatory framework would be beneficial
Applications close 23 May 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Advisor SPP PD May 2018.pdf (PDF, 743KB)
Follow us on