Senior Network Manager - Project Liaison | Wellington
Senior Network Manager - Project Liaison
- Help create safer journeys for New Zealanders
- Influence the standard of roading in the Wellington and surrounding regions
- Network and contract management delivery focus
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
As a Senior Network Manager – Project Liaison, your purpose is to provide expertise to support the transition of land transport projects from conception, through design and construction and onto long term maintenance.
You will perform programme management and monitoring of Low Cost/Low Risk (minor improvements) projects. These are likely to include projects to improve Safety, Resilience and Efficiency of the land transport system and State Highways.
You would be a key part of some large exciting transport project teams too, representing the end owner throughout the project cycle.
The role will use strong relationship and influencing skills to ensure; planning, design, construction, asset managers and maintenance teams collaborate throughout the full lifecycle of all road assets.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Able to collaborate with others and demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Experience in managing programmes of work and monitoring finances.
- Able to demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Technical and practical experience in civil engineering and asset management.
- An understanding of the full life cycle of an asset from planning through to construction, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Strong programme management experience.
- Risk Management experience.
- Experience at dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a contractual environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Applications close Mon 30 April.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
SNM Project Liaison PD.pdf (PDF, 725KB)
Follow us on