Network Manager | Northland
- Help create safer journeys for New Zealanders
- Influence the standard of roading in the Northland region
- Network and contract management delivery focus
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
As a Network Manager, your purpose will be to ensure that the maintenance of the highway network is managed effectively, to oversee corridor management and to collaborate with colleagues and partners to ensure good customer outcomes in the Northland network. You will need to draw on your strong technical knowledge and experience, be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Technical and practical experience in Asset Management, pavement design, maintenance and renewals practices, knowledge and understanding of delivering best value solutions within a constrained budget
- An understanding of forward works programmes and experience of balancing competing priorities within forward works programmes (desirable)
- Asset data management and analysis
- Experience at dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a political environment
- Experience at dealing with local and central government
- Risk Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Able to collaborate with others and demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships to deliver agreed outcomes.
Applications close Sunday 29 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Network Manager Northland April 2018 .pdf (PDF, 639KB)
Follow us on