Senior Statistical Analyst/Statistical Analyst | Wellington
Senior Statistical Analyst/Statistical Analyst
- Shape policy for the transport industry
- Sharpen your skills in prescriptive statistical analytics
- What you do informs key decisions
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In the Customer Experience and Behaviour group, we aim to create a shared understanding of our customers and translate our customer promise into tangible experiences and targets. We make data accessible and normalise its use in strategic, operational and tactical decision making.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is passionate about high quality analytical data and its use, and wants to contribute to better outcomes for New Zealanders. In this role you will provide high quality data extraction, well researched and reasoned data and statistical analysis and provide analytical advice.
You will be involved in development and implementation of statistical analysis projects across the Transport Agency and contribute to the development of the provision of proactive analysis and insights. You work will have a direct impact on road safety, and influencing key decisions.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality analytics that meet customer needs.
- An advanced level of computing skill, including the use of: R, SAS (or like analytical applications), SQL and databases
- Experience in the extraction, interpretation, and statistical analysis of data and generation of reports and information.
- Able to analyse information and form clear conceptual understanding of its meaning and to identify the implications of the findings.
- Understanding of social and / or scientific research methods and an understanding of Government Open Data initiatives.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, with proven experience translating complex analysis into plain English
- A curious mind-set and fast learner, with demonstrable experience of innovative thinking and looking for improvements.
We offer a competitive salary and you will be joining a professional and committed team. We have an excellent working environment and provide flexible employment practices. We are open to applicants at emerging or Senior levels.
If you would like to grow with our team, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 29 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Follow us on