Senior Advisor, Future Transport Technology | Wellington
Senior Advisor, Future Transport Technology
- Bring your policy background and experience in the technology sector
- Contribute to the design and development of a key, future-focused project
- Opportunity to work in a new and innovative part of the organisation
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Our Connected Journey Solutions group aims to deliver step-change innovation for the transport system through digital technologies and to grow a digital savvy, innovative culture within the Transport Agency and wider sector.
Join a fast-paced and exciting team who are focused on looking at what our customers want over the next 10 years and what technology is available that we can invest in to deliver our customer goals. You will lead the analysis and help manage relationships with key stakeholders in relation to the development of the 10 year Land Transport Technology Roadmap. You will also get the opportunity to lead assigned pilot projects and the associated processes to provide funding for emerging technologies. You'll understand technology and ideally have some awareness of how it can be applied to in a transport context. Your relationship management skills will be a key strength and you'll enjoy working with a range of stakeholders to keep them informed, manage expectations and get the right people involved at the right time.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience working with policy, ideally in relation to transport
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to engage with new and emerging technologies (for example, developing policies or experience in the sector)
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including experience working closely with senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A results driven approach with a high degree of self-motivation
- An understanding of the machinery of government and the confidence to work with Ministers and other government officials
Applications close 25 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Advisor Future Transport Technology CJS PD Apr 2018.pdf (PDF, 768KB)
Follow us on