Senior Data Access Specialist | Wellington
Senior Data Access Specialist
- Lead the design and development of data access frameworks
- Work as a pivotal part of our Data Access and Quality team
- Wellington CBD location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In the Customer Experience and Behaviour group, our aims are to create a shared understanding of our customers and translate our customer promise into tangible experiences and targets. We make data accessible and normalise its use in strategic, operational and tactical decision making. We use behaviour based design to support delivery excellence.
In this role, you will get the unique opportunity to design, develop and implement the frameworks for data access for the Agency. You will be responsible for improving access and supporting the integration of disparate data sets to enable great insights. This role calls for someone who needs to be able to understand the span of data available internally and externally and act as a subject matter expert to those seeking data.
This is a role with plenty of opportunity to work closely with the business owners of the different systems the Agency uses and work to develop policies to ensure the information accessible to the public adheres to all privacy requirements. You will enjoy using your policy or legal skills and capabilities along with your ability to build relationships to ensure business needs are met.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience in the data/information space with strengths in data access functions
- Proven ability to find solutions and navigate complexity or ambiguity
- Knowledge of legislation as it pertains to information privacy and security
- In-depth understanding of the Government position on data and information sharing inter-agency and to the public
- Demonstrated experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- The ability to translate concepts into priorities, plans and outcomes
- A strong understanding of transport sector policies and processes is preferred
Applications close Monday 30 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Data Access Specialist.pdf (PDF, 715KB)
Follow us on