Principal Advisor - Strategy, Policy and Planning | Wellington
Principal Advisor - Strategy, Policy and Planning
- Play a key role in shaping the long-term direction for New Zealand's transport system
- Lead the Agency's contribution to the Performance Improvement Framework (PIF), Investor Confidence Rating (ICR) and Crown Entities Assessment Framework (CEAF) reviews
- Contribute to the development of the Agency's strategic framework and tactical priorities
- 2 Year Fixed Term Role
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
In our Strategy, Policy and Planning group, our aim is to set the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning and drive organisation-wide success through effective monitoring of delivery performance.
The purpose of this role is to lead the agency's contribution to key performance reviews such as the Investor Confidence Rating (ICR) review, Crown Entities Assessment Framework (CEAF) review, and Performance Improvement Framework (PIF) review and using their findings to promote continuous improvement.
In this senior role you will apply best practices and innovative approaches to business performance improvement and work collaboratively with others to identify strategic interventions and packages that will deliver desired results.
In this role you will work closely with the State Services Commission, Treasury and internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the Agency maximises opportunities between the current and desirable future capability and performance.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in leading PIF, CEAF, ICR or similar reviews
- Have an understanding of the machinery of government
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple objectives
- Ability to assess large amounts of information and identify key points and trends and distil ‘the story'
- You will be politically savvy, with outstanding communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven experience in business planning and performance, providing best practices
- Big picture thinking with ability to provide detailed analysis and advice on how to respond to organisational challenges
- Experience in supporting others in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Highly effective written and oral presentation, communications and advocacy skills
Our environment is innovative and forward thinking - what we do makes a difference to New Zealanders every day. If you want to be part of our journey we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: 30th April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
Follow us on