Senior Transport Planner | Auckland
Senior Transport Planner
- Opportunity to help shape Auckland's future transport network
- Bring your project management and business case expertise
- Work with key stakeholders to enable Auckland's growth and development
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Our System Design and Delivery Group is focussed on designing and delivering an integrated transport system – one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The Senior Transport Planner role leads national transport planning initiatives through the phases of business case development, from confirming the strategic purpose and direction, through the benefits realisation process, to identifying a recommended programme of works and subsequent recommended project option, including support of the consenting phases.
Your valued advice will guide investment decisions and support Auckland's growth objectives through the planning of greenfield sites and long term city-shaping. This team plays a key role in shaping land transport solutions in Auckland and delivering improved outcomes for existing and future communities. You will work with key stakeholders, including our customers and local government partners, to support the development of strategic, programme and detailed business cases with a key focus on enabling Auckland's planned growth.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in a similar role working with a programme of challenging projects in planning, traffic engineering or a related field
- Good understanding of the building blocks of an integrated transport system with demonstrated experience of joining the dots of strategy, systems planning, operations and technology
- Connecting people and navigating legislative process and political drivers to deliver great outcomes for our customers
- A working knowledge of the business case process and the ability to wrote sound business cases
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders to shape priorities
- An awareness and understanding of the social and environmental impacts that can result from enhancing the transport system. Experience in managing and delivering AEE for major projects will be desirable
- The ability to identify and design useful and enduring indicators and measures
- The ability to interpret outputs from transportation models
- A good understanding of economic evaluation principals
- Numerical and quantitative data interpretation skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience working with a programme of challenging projects in planning, traffic engineering or a related field
- A relevant qualification in transport planning, engineering or another relevant discipline
Applications close 27 May 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Transport Planner SDD PD May 2018.pdf (PDF, 953KB)
Follow us on