Senior Service Designer | Wellington
Senior Service Designer
- Work as a pivotal part of our innovative Service Design team
- Help shape the role of Service Design within the NZ Transport Agency
- Lead design thinking for specific pieces of work and provide coaching for projects to run customer insight initiatives
- Wellington location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Service Design team, are located within our Customer Experience and Behaviour Group, and they drive quality customer outcomes through the use of design thinking. The team shape and validate ideas to design practical and attractive propositions for customers and the Agency.
This role offers a really exciting opportunity to come and be part our team of professional and passionate designers. We are looking for someone who relishes a challenge and is keen to roll up their sleeves and uncover customer insights that will grow customer understanding and empathy to shape great outcomes.
You will be responsible for growing empathy for our customers within the Agency, drive quality customer outcomes through the use of design thinking, provide expert advice to internal stakeholders, establish, grow, and maintain key relationships and contribute to the strategic direction of the Agency's Service Design team
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Your ability to manage multiple stakeholders needs and expectations
- Experience designing and delivering qualitative research (design, marketing, history, sociology, anthropology, psychology or similar)
- Experience designing and evaluating solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge and experience in the application of the Double-Diamond model of design thinking (or a complementary design philosophy)
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
Applications close: Friday, 27 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD_Senior_Service_Designer_CEB.docx (Word, 916KB)
Follow us on