Heavy Vehicle Certification Officer | Otago
Heavy Vehicle Certification Officer
- Ensure compliance with the Vehicle Certification sector for Heavy Vehicles
- Develop and drive industry best practice
- Drive Safety outcomes for New Zealanders
- Multiple locations around NZ
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Transport Access Delivery provides land transport system surety through effective compliance monitoring and management processes? We deliver compliance services tailored to our customer groups and set clear expectations in terms of policy, frameworks and standards so that customers know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
Do you have extensive experience in Heavy Vehicles and keen to make a difference to safety outcomes across New Zealand? This is a role in which you will participate in technical forums and engage with stakeholders to identify risks, trends and opportunities and drive best practice. You will work closely with inspecting organisations and inspectors to review performance relating to heavy vehicle certification, and in-service certification, vehicle modification and repair.
This is a high profile industry role, where you will be representing the interests not only of the Transport Agency, but also the interests of all New Zealanders, as what you will be doing saves lives.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A high degree of applied knowledge and practical skills involving the understanding and application of advanced practices and procedures of heavy vehicle design and fabrication
- A strong understanding of and the ability to apply heavy vehicle rules standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of industry best practice for professional engineering
- Experience in inspecting, auditing and interviewing with the ability to develop workable solutions and analyse complex engineering problems
- A track record in building and sustaining working relationships with the transport and vehicles sector
- Strong demonstrated technical writing ability in plain language
- A relevant tertiary qualification
This role can be performed from a number of locations around NZ
Applications close Saturday 30 June 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Heavy Vehicle Certification Officer PD March 2018.pdf (PDF, 812KB)
Follow us on