Certification Officer | Auckland
- Opportunity to apply your vehicle certification and transport industry experience in a regulatory environment
- Be part of using regulatory interventions to reduce harm
- Auckland CBD based position
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The aim of the Transport Access Delivery group is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management. The Regulatory Compliance group's purpose is to ensure regulated industry participants maintain high levels of compliance in relation to vehicle safety requirements and build a strong safety culture in the vehicles industry.
The purpose of the Certification Officer role is to deliver service provider compliance activities and grow a customer service, safety and compliance culture within our service provider industry.
You will use your strong customer and conflict management skills to build relationships with and review inspecting organisations and inspectors in order to measure their performance. You will get the opportunity to improve standards, systems and industry best practice to encourage a culture of compliance. You will have experience with the vehicle certification and transport industry and have a good level of knowledge of the relevant Vehicle Inspection Requirement Manuals (VIRM) and relevant legislation and be able to write to a high standard.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A proven track record within the vehicle certification and transport industry
- A working knowledge and understanding of the VIRMs for Used Entry/Repair and WOF/COF is desirable
- Experience in building and sustaining working relationships with the transport and vehicles sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as report writing
- A keen interest in using regulatory interventions to reduce harm or increase benefit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand what motivates others
- A demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop effective relationships
- Professional credibility internally and externally and the ability to relate well to people at all levels
- The ability to address specific issues and steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Relates well to people at all levels
Applications close Wednesday 25 April 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Certification Officer March 2018.pdf (PDF, 702KB)
Follow us on