- Join an organisation that is making a real difference to New Zealand
- Bring your financial and collaboration skills
- Palmerston North location
We're transforming our organisation because the world is changing. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and businesses want faster, easier and more personalised transport services and choices.
Our Investment & Finance group provides critical checks and balances to the Transport Agency's decisions and services – to ensure plans and investments represent best value for money.
Reporting to our Team Leader, Revenue and Refunds, we are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to assist with all financial activities in relation to motor vehicle, driver licencing, road user charges and tolling business. This role will definitely keep you on your toes and we are needing a hardworking, confident team player who enjoys working efficiently to meet deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will bring;
- Sound experience in analysing financial information and making decisions based on this analysis.
- Experience in reconciling large volume general ledger accounts, reconciling to subsidiary/ source data systems and rectifying any variances.
- Computer literacy, and experience with MS office range of applications (e.g. word, excel).
- Proven experience with attention to detail and thoroughness of processing, recording, filing and retrieving financial information.
- Ability to manage workflows and prioritise accordingly.
You will be either working towards or have attained a financial qualification; and/or have experience in financial transaction and general ledger processing, banking and reconciliations.
This is an exciting time to join the Transport Agency. If you think you have the capability this opportunity requires we would welcome your application.
Applications close: Tuesday 20 March
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Finance Officer PD Mar 2018 Final.pdf (PDF, 735KB)
Follow us on