Director Regional Relationships - Upper North Island | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Director_Regional_Relationships_v2.pdf (PDF, 1.14MB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2018|
The NZ Transport Agency is transforming our organisation to better meet the changing needs of our customers, businesses and the government. Our new direction will allow us to take advantage of emerging digital technologies and new transport services to deliver a transport system that is safe, connected and reliable. Every day transport has an impact on communities, businesses, the economy and the environment. Join the NZ Transport Agency to help build an efficient transport system that delivers greater value to all New Zealanders.
The Director Regional Relationships is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the Transport Agency's presence, performance and reputation in the upper North Island.
In this senior executive position you will be a key member of our Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive. Your ability to work collaboratively and influence others at the senior level, both inside and outside the organisation, will be paramount.
To be successful in this role you will be adept at building strong collaborative relationships across local, regional and central government and Iwi. You will have a broad understanding of the machinery of government and understand how the transport sector can influence economic and social changes and outcomes.
You will have proven experience in the planning and delivery of meaningful two way engagement that is both collaborative and strategic. You will represent the Agency at key regional forums, events and media situations and provide timely regional intelligence back to the Agency.
Essential experience and attributes for this role include:
- Significant leadership experience, with ability to build and leverage relationships at a senior level
- Exceptional skills in facilitation, influencing and persuading stakeholders
- An ability to build strong relationships, gain consensus and create strategic alignment between stakeholders
- Politically savvy – with an understanding of the changing political and regulatory environment
- Experience working with Iwi partners, local government and senior Executives
- Proven strategic capability with ability to conceptualise and maintain complex relationship frameworks
- Media expertise – with an ability to manage and front sensitive issues
If the idea of influencing and shaping the regional growth and development of the Upper North Island excites you and you enjoy facilitating and managing a broad spectrum of relationships this is the role for you.
If you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 25 February 2018