Principal Advisor - Business Intelligence | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Advisor - CEB Jan 2018.pdf (PDF, 808KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
- Unique opportunity to provide strategic advice and critical thinking
- Join our close knit and committed team of specialists
- Wellington location
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and businesses want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
In the Customer Experience and Behaviour group, our aims are to create a shared understanding of our customers and translate our customer promise into tangible experiences. We are making data accessible and normalising its use in strategic, operational and tactical decision making, while keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do.
As Principal Advisor, you will provide advice on both policy and strategy to help the agency build its business intelligence capability and inform its work programme. Working closely with the Manager Business Intelligence Direction you will assist in establishing a direction for business intelligence by driving best practice analysis and innovative thinking. You will also be highly involved in leading the team's relationship management function and key analytical projects.
We are looking for a proactive and confident business intelligence / data management specialist who is results driven, supports collaboration and leads by example.
For you to be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- Proven experience in providing strategic advice and critical thinking at a senior level within a Business Intelligence environment
- Solid knowledge of data and information management, data analytics and business intelligence systems and their software/web applications
- Demonstrable experience in providing solutions that meet customer need
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to translate technical terms into plain language
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious!
This role is based in Wellington.
Applications close: 23 February 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.