Senior Project Manager | Waikato
Senior Project Manager
- Are you a highly motivated and experienced roading engineer, who has ambitions to play a leading role in the future of New Zealand?
- Do you get a kick out of delivering projects that make a difference?
- Do you enjoy working in friendly and vibrant surroundings, alongside other people who share your passions?
At the New Zealand Transport Agency we are committed to delivering great journeys to keep New Zealanders moving. This requires great people with diverse skills and experience, working closely with partners and stakeholders to ensure that customers are at the centre of everything we do.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, recognising that new technologies and changing customer expectations will mean that the transport system we know today will be quite different in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical for us to keep pace with that change.
We have an exciting position for an experienced roading engineer to join the Project Delivery team based in Hamilton, where we manage the delivery of capital projects over the whole of the Waikato State Highway network. The person will play a key role in the successful development and delivery of new projects ranging from small safety improvements to multi-million dollar highways.
Strong leadership qualities are needed to lead project teams and engagement with customers, development partners and stakeholders. These include councils, iwi, landowners and road users. We follow a ‘team of teams' approach in the Transport Agency, ensuring that all necessary skills are harnessed to achieve the best outcomes for New Zealand.
What you will bring
As a Senior Project Manager you will have ‘big picture' thinking, ensuring that the forward work plan for the projects you are involved in contribute to the Transport Agency's vision of providing “great journeys to keep New Zealanders moving”.
The role requires someone with a strong sense of what is needed to deliver projects to completion, along with strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to manage relationships while ensuring the best outcomes are achieved. There may be some degree of travel, as you could be working on projects that are sometimes out of the immediate region.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A collaborative working style, and a strong commitment and ability to work as part of a team
- Solid experience, ideally in the delivery of roading infrastructure projects
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with partners and stakeholders
- A relevant qualification
- Project management experience, preferably within the transport sector in New Zealand.
If you want to make a difference, have the ability to influence and effect change, and want to work with committed people in a stimulating environment, then we want to hear from you.
Applications close: Monday 2 July 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
Senior Project Manager SDD Position Description Jan 2018.pdf (PDF, 560KB)
Follow us on