Principal Advisor - Transport System Emergency Management | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Principal_Advisor_Emergency_Management_CDD_PD_Jan_2018.pdf (PDF, 817KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Mar-2018|
- Lead a national transport system civil defence/ emergency management “readiness” work programme
- Bring your experience developing and implementing CDEM frameworks
- Opportunity to provide thought leadership on CDEM services and activities
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The focus of the Customer Design and Delivery group is the delivery and management of our transport experiences for our customers in order for them to undertake a safe and efficient daily journey.
The purpose of the Principal Advisor – Transport System Emergency Management role is to lead national level civil defence/emergency management (CDEM) work ensuring that the Transport Agency is well prepared (“Ready”) to respond to national CDEM events that impact the transport system. The role provides thought leadership and expertise on CDEM across the agency and in support of transport sector initiatives.
You will use your understanding of CDEM legislation, strategy, plans and guidelines to define and lead a national transport system CDEM “readiness” work programme. You'll establish and maintain a Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) based national transport system emergency management framework/plan, provide expert advice and support to internal staff and help to grow a community of CDEM skilled people across the agency. You'll utilise your excellent relationship management skills and strong professional networks to form robust partnerships with key government and national agency stakeholders in order to contribute to contribute to national CDEM “responses”.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Understanding of CDEM Management legislation, strategy, plans and guidelines
- Experience developing/implementing CDEM frameworks / plans for large and/or complex organisations,
- Strong professional networks within the NZ CDEM community
- Proven ability in leading and shaping outcomes through effective relationship management
- Transport sector experience (desirable)
Applications close: 20 March 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.