Principal Change Advisor | Wellington
Principal Change Advisor
- Opportunity to influence and bring about positive change
- Showcase your proven change management experience
- Wellington location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The focus of the Customer Design and Delivery group is the delivery and management of our transport experiences for our customers, in order for them to undertake a safe and efficient daily journey.
The Transport Agency has substantial change programmes across each of its business, roading infrastructure and IT portfolios and we are looking for an experience change manager to match. Working alongside experienced change managers in our design team, you will ensure best practice change design methods are followed in our projects and programmes.
This is a significant role for our organisation, where you will actively contribute to our change culture. You will have the opportunity to effect successful behaviour and culture, by developing and implementing strategic and tactical change management plans.
You will learn to assess the scope and scale of each project's change, analyse stakeholder impacts, mitigate risks and develop and lead effective strategies for buy in. You will also provide support to our people leaders to lead change successfully, and monitor the overall effectiveness of the change effort.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, a natural empathy and curiosity, and proven ability to achieve challenging outcomes. In return, you'll be part of a professional and collegial team where your contribution is valued.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid operational change management experience
- A reputation as a high performer, with a proven track record of achieving outcomes
- Proven experience in analysing, preparing and deploying effective change management plans
- Experience in capably leading projects or staff through complex change
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- An open and collaborative approach, with a professional and articulate communication style
- Public sector experience, ideally in regulatory settings
This role is located in Wellington.
Applications close: 22 August 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Change Advisor - CDD - PD - July 2018.pdf (PDF, 894KB)
Follow us on