Senior Procurement Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Procurement Manager SDD PD Jan 2018.pdf (PDF, 753KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2018|
- Navigate the procurement of large capital and maintenance contracts
- Work in a fast paced, commercially focused environment
- Join a well-recognised and high performing team
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The purpose of System Design and Delivery is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable transport services. The focus of the System Design and Delivery is on designing and delivering an integrated transport system – one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The purpose of the Senior Procurement Manager role is to assist in the effective implementation of the Transport Agency's procurement procedures, their consistent application throughout the Transport Agency and the provision of expert procurement advice, with a particular focus on network maintenance and operations.
You will have the opportunity to further your procurement journey and lead technical project teams to deliver top quality Requests for Tender for some of the largest tenders in New Zealand. Our transparent processes are industry leading and you would have autonomy, exposure to key senior industry players and the chance to make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. You will use your strong communication and engagement skills to provide specialist advice on procurement to both internal and external customers; you'll also input into the development of procurement strategies, processes and procedures and be sought out for your procurement advice and decision making skills.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Experience in a similar role to at least a senior level is desirable.
- Relevant post- graduate experience (minimum 5 years), ideally working in the roading or civil construction industry
- A sound working knowledge of procurement processes and contractual requirements, and a good understanding of risk management techniques
- Sound working knowledge, including industry experience, of the principles of tendering with the private sector, with an in depth knowledge of related commercial practices
- A sound understanding of a range of relevant legislation that sets the context for procurement related policy
- Be able to provide high levels of commercial awareness and acumen.
- Experience in an engineering consultancy, construction contractor or local body environment is desirable
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline is highly desirable
- The ability to gain a professional registration or become a member of a NZ professional institution
Applications close: 28th January 2018
To apply for this position and view the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information email email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.