Senior Network Manager | Waikato
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Network Manager - October 2017.pdf (PDF, 768KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jan-2018|
- Create safer journeys for New Zealanders
- Influencing the standard of roading in the Waikato region
- Network management delivery focus for West Waikato
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and businesses want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
In this role as a Senior Network Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of our regional maintenance and operations programme for the West Waikato highway corridor. You will need to draw on your strong technical knowledge and experience, be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach. Sound organisational, project management and negotiation skills accompanied with good decision making will be integral to your success.
In this role you will need:
- Solid understanding of agency activities and knowledge of local communities
- Proven technical asset and maintenance management and pavement knowledge
- Experience in working across central and local government
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management, budget management and commercial acumen
- Proven project management and negotiation skills
- A relevant tertiary education - Bachelor of Engineering or similar technical qualification
- Experience in transport sector
If you are looking for a new career opportunity, have solid understanding on how to manage roading networks and maintain roading assets we would love to hear from you.
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a fabulous and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
Applications close: Monday 29 January 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.