Principal Advisor - Procurement Business Development | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor - Procurement Business Development SD&D PD Dec 2017.pdf (PDF, 748KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jan-2018|
- Lead the design and development of the Transport Agency's procurement strategy
- Provide expert knowledge and thought leadership on procurement best practice
- Bring your extensive procurement experience and engineering/infrastructure background
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The purpose of System Design and Delivery is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable transport services. The focus of the System Design and Delivery is on designing and delivering an integrated transport system – one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The purpose of the Principal Advisor, Procurement Business Development role is to provide strategic commercial advice and direction to support the development and implementation of the Transport Agency's fit for purpose approach to procurement including strategies, methodologies, systems, processes and tools. This role is responsible for influencing and leading change, identifying and determining suitability of new and innovative ideas and concepts, influencing senior leaders and working on a diverse programme of work that crosses multiple parties.
You will have the opportunity to lead the identification, assessment, design and implementation of fit for purpose strategies, policies, methodologies, processes, systems and tools to ensure best practice outcomes in procurement. You will use your strong communication and engagement skills to provide specialist advice on procurement to both internal and external customers, at all levels. You'll also lead the development and implementation of establishing the Transport Agency as an intelligent client, so bring your commercial acumen and in-depth procurement experience to this critical and influential role.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Extensive and in-depth procurement and/or commercial experience at a senior level
- Experience in infrastructure delivery or an engineering background would be preferable
- Experience in developing and implementing commercial strategies and policies
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- Experience in performance management
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- The ability to communicate, engage and influence effectively at all levels
- Highly developed commercial acumen
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline or comparable and relevant experience
This role can be based in either Wellington or Auckland
Applications close: 29th January 2018
To apply for this position and view the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information email email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.