Financial Services Analyst | Wellington
Financial Services Analyst
Financial Services Analyst - Investment and Finance
- Work in a high trust environment where you can take ownership for your deliverables
- Bring your expert financial and analytical skills
- Join a busy, agile and collaborative team
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have; customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - come and join us.
The focus of the Investment and Finance group is to manage the investment and financial management processes and systems and to provide on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your strong analytical and relationship management skills to this position within the Financial Processing team. As a trusted team member you will be encouraged to question the status quo and find ways to improve how we work.
Some of your accountabilities will include:
- Proactively participating, and representing the Financial Processing team, in process and or system development projects and initiatives
- Supporting ongoing system and financial process activities, providing analysis and support through to resolution for issues and problems raised by other team members
- Ensure that processes and systems implemented are fit for purpose with robust financial controls and accountabilities
- Provide support, advice, and business alignment to the development and implementation of digitised financial systems
- Provide detailed reporting and analytics of all Financial Processing activities
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Proven analytical, and problem identification and solving, skills
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Openness to experimenting and taking calculated risks. Aptitude to learn from your mistakes and willingness to share lessons learnt
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, and competence to clearly articulate complex financial and business concepts
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
This is a permanent position based in Wellington, but will require a level of travel also.
Applications close: Tuesday 23 January 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Financial Services Analyst - 2018.pdf (PDF, 812KB)