Certification Officer | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Certification Officer TAD PD Dec 2017.pdf (PDF, 702KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jan-2018|
- Apply your vehicle certification and transport industry experience in a regulatory environment
- Work to grow a customer service, safety and compliance culture
- Christchurch based position, covering the upper South Island district
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The aim of the Transport Access Delivery group is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management. The Regulatory Compliance group's purpose is to ensure regulated industry participants maintain high levels of compliance in relation to vehicle safety requirements and build a strong safety culture in the vehicles industry.
The purpose of the Certification Officer role is to deliver service provider compliance activities and grow a customer-service, safety and compliance culture within our service provider industry.
You will use your strong customer skills, including conflict management, to build relationships with and review inspecting organisations and inspectors, in order to measure their performance. You will get the opportunity to improve standards, systems and industry best practice to encourage a culture of compliance. You will have experience with the vehicle certification and transport industry and have a good level of knowledge of the relevant Vehicle Inspection Requirement Manuals (VIRM) and relevant legislation and be able to write to a high standard,
To be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- A proven track record within the vehicle certification and transport industry
- A working knowledge and understanding of the VIRMs for Used Entry/Repair is essential and for WOF/COF, is desirable
- Experience in building and sustaining working relationships with the transport and vehicles sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as report writing
- A keen interest in using regulatory interventions to reduce harm or increase benefit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand what motivates others
- A demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop effective relationships
- Professional credibility internally (with peers) and externally and the ability to relate well to people at all levels
- The ability to address specific issues and steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Relates well to people at all levels
- A willingness to travel – this is a field based role with an expected 3-4 nights away per month
Applications close: 21st January 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.