|Position Type:||Fixed term part time|
|Attachments:|| Systems Analyst CS PD Dec 2017.pdf (PDF, 785KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Dec-2017|
- Provide support services to our tolling applications and resolve incidents
- Bring your analysis and system investigation experience
- 26 hours per week, 1 year fixed term, Palmerston North location
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
The purpose of Corporate Services is to provide the essential expert support services that enable the Transport Agency to run efficiently and achieve organisational excellence. The scope of Corporate Services functions reflects that some enterprise wide services that are core to the value chain are placed inside the relevant part of the value chain so the key focus is on corporate security, management (including property) and support.
The Systems Analyst role assists in managing, on a day-to-day basis, the tolling application to ensure that the business needs are being met. This role assists the team to resolve incidents, provide release support, reporting and participate in problem investigation.
You'll use your analysis skills to follow up on tolling system faults and help provide support. Your strong customer focus will enable you to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide them with valuable insights to help inform their decisions. You will have worked in a similar role, managing queries from relational databases like SQL, and use this experience to help to ensure performance and operability is in line with business requirements and agreed levels of service.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Experience and skills in writing and managing queries from relational databases (e.g. SQL Server Management Studio or similar)
- Experience of system investigation, analysis and documentation processes
- Ability to identify system anomalies and errors and help reconcile and resolve system/process conflicts
- Experience working with large/complex systems
- Excellent investigative skills to get to the root cause of issues
- Ability to work with multiple support vendors and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- The ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner, meeting assigned deadlines
- Experience with relationship and stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Training, presentation and delivery skills
- A tertiary qualification in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline with an emphasis on strong mathematical and/or analytical capability is preferred
Please note that this role is a part-time position (26 hours per week) for a fixed term of one year.
Applications close: 19/12/17. Please note that interviews for this role will take place in January.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information contact email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.