Principal Planner | Waikato
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| JD Principal Planner_ Nov 6.pdf (PDF, 714KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2017|
- Bring your high level of system thinking and influencing skills to enable New Zealand to grow
- Work across land use and transport system planning in partnership with local government
- Permanent role based in Hamilton or Christchurch
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – come and join us.
The focus of the Strategy, Policy and Planning Group is on setting the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning internally and with strategic partners.
The Principal Planner will help resolve complex system planning issues involving high and medium growth urban centres, regional economic development and being part of developing ‘whole of transport sector' responses. You will do this with our transport sector partners, and seek to develop strong alignment on evidence, economic and social outcomes and strategic system solutions.
You'll get the opportunity to lead, develop and promote transport system solutions, with a national focus. Use your strong relationship management skills and build effective partnerships and stakeholder relationships across the sector to bring information together and provide integrated system solutions to our customers.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Proven expertise and experience working with the local government and an in-depth understanding of the local and regional planning processes
- Proven experience in a senior role with a high level of strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking in a complex environment
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders to align evidence, outcomes and prioritise system responses
- Demonstrated ability to work in a teaming environment
- Excellent communication skills to deliver complex information in a concise and understandable way
- Sound project management skills, including a high delivery focus and excellent attention to detail
Applications close: 23 November 2017
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.