Principal Policy Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Policy Advisor.pdf (PDF, 746KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Dec-2017|
- You'll provide high quality techinical and operational policy advice to the team
- Work in a supportive collaborative environment
- Wellington based
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us
The Customer Design and Delivery (CDD) business group's aim is to deliver and manage today's transport experiences for customers, provide transport services that enable our customers to safely access and operate the transport system, make it easy for customers to pay their fair share of the system cost and support customers to undertake their daily journeys safely and efficiently.
To be successful in this role you will provide high quality technical and operational policy advice to the business group, and support policy advice to the Ministry of Transport and other government agencies. You will also build and enhance the capability across the Operational Policy team.
To be sucessful in this role you will have
- Demonstrated experience participating in the ongoing development of the business groups policy and service delivery frameworks
- Experience providing deep technical leadership and mentoring to ensure accuracy and consistency of policy generation
- Proven experience contributing to the continuous improvement of the business groups delivery of services through robust operational policy advice
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice and influence on the impacts of potential policy change
- Ability to provide expert technical leadership in the chosen policy area including provision of internal guidance to policy writers
- Proven experience in coaching and mentoring a team
- Demonstrated significant transport policy experience ro lead operationsl policy creation
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a fabulous and committed team and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
Apply now for this unique role where what we do impacts the lives of every New Zealander.
Applications close: Friday, 1 December 2017
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand