Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
Senior Business Advisor
- Provide high quality analysis and advice to senior leaders
- Opportunity to use your excellent stakeholder relationship skills
- Bring your planning and reporting experience
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
In our Strategy, Policy and Planning group, our aim is to set the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning and drive organisation-wide success through effective monitoring of delivery performance.
The purpose of the Senior Business Advisor role is to provide high quality analysis and advice to senior leaders to support them in the areas of strategic planning, business planning and accountability reporting. This role will also lead/be involved in funding reviews related to organisational activities and directly support the Investment and Finance group with financial planning and reporting processes.
Use your planning, reporting and project management skills to lead and coordinate group and organisational annual planning and prioritisation processes. Your excellent communication skills will build strong relationships at all levels across the business and enable you to provide sound and concise business advice. You will enjoy contributing to financial reporting and management and bringing your team work skills to ensure effective collaboration with other areas of the business.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Planning and reporting experience (business or financial), in strategic and operational areas, over a 3-5 year time frame
- Demonstrated experience in managing critical stakeholder relationships, including building trust and confidence
- Experience in project management and running small projects.
- Business or financial planning experience in a commercial environment would be an advantage.
- Strong written communication skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to tailor messaging to suit the audience
- Knowledgeable of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting business and organisation
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
Applications close: 23/10/17
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Business Advisor SPP PD Oct 2017.pdf (PDF, 741KB)