Prinicipal Business Planner | Wellington
Prinicipal Business Planner
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders
- Bring your sound knowledge of business planning best practice
- 2 roles available
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
In our Strategy, Policy and Planning group, our aim is to set the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning and drive organisation-wide success through effective monitoring of delivery performance.
The purpose of the Principal Business Planner role is implement, enhance and promote the Transport Agency's business planning practice to ensure our strategy is delivered. This role is largely focused on building strong relationships with senior leaders, facilitating the identification of detailed information and analysing the information to provide recommendations on the required trade-offs to ensure the desirable strategic targets have an achievable and viable investment pathway.
You will use your experience with enterprise-wide business planning to provide advice and analysis on how to implement strategies. You will have advanced communication skills and use those to influence and network, and often have challenging conversations with senior leaders. You will enjoy applying best practice and innovative approaches to business planning in a fast paced and complex environment.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Experience of implementing enterprise-wide business planning
- Sound knowledge of business planning best practices and a record of implementing these
- A good understanding of detailed information on funding and resource complexities
- Experience in having challenging conversations with senior leaders.
- Experience in undertaking detailed analysis and providing advice on how to implement strategies.
- The ability to apply best practice and innovative approaches to business planning
- Experience in supporting others in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Highly effective written and oral presentation and communications and advocacy skills
- Highly developed influencing, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective and trusted relationships
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is essential
- A programme or portfolio management qualification, e.g. Prince II
Applications close: 23/10/17
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Business Planner SPP PD Oct 2017.pdf (PDF, 796KB)