Senior Planner- Consents and Approvals | Auckland
Senior Planner- Consents and Approvals
Senior Planner, Consents and Approvals
- Your expertise in resource management planning and consenting is invaluable
- Work with a supportive and collegial team inputting to statutory planning processes and land use developments
- Auckland location
Fixed term - Parental leave cover for 12months
The NZ Transport Agency shapes New Zealand's transport networks and people's safe and efficient use of them. We keep people and goods on the move by working with others to invest over $3 billion a year on our road and rail networks. However you choose to travel - by car, bus, bike or train - we help you get there safely and on time.
The focus of the System Design and Delivery group is on designing and delivering an integrated transport system - one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The purpose of the Senior Planner role is to provide support the delivery of the planning/consenting work streams associated with state highway activities, work in partnership with local authorities, developers and other key stakeholders to help determine the location, form and timing of third party land use developments and provide input into statutory planning processes to enhance land use and transport integration.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- At least 7 years relevant experience in resource management planning, consenting, consent compliance and community consultation and engagement.
- Strong track record that demonstrates an ability to enable the delivery of complex consenting and community outcomes through others
- Comprehensive understanding of the Resource Management Act (RMA) and regulatory and planning process, including designation and consenting provisions
- Experience in other relevant statutes including Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act, Wildlife Act and Conservation Act
- Experience delivering infrastructure projects across a range of environments
- Experience in drafting submissions and evidence and presenting evidence at hearings
- Experience in district and regional plan development and change processes
- Proven experience in undertaking community consultation and engagement
- Proven experience in working with and managing relationships with consenting and regulatory authorities as well as consultants and contractors.
- Transport sector experience working across the project life cycle from transport planning, through construction to network management.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write, review and critique consents, notices of requirement and outline plans
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use rigorous logic and methods
Applications close: 20/10/17
To apply for this position and view the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
No File Attached