Advisor Communications and Engagement | Wellington
Advisor Communications and Engagement
Advisor, Communications and Engagement – External Engagement & Communications
- 2 year fixed term contract – Wellington based
- Environment where you will be challenged to learn and grow
- Join our passionate and dynamic team
External Engagement & Communications is the area within Governance, Stakeholders & Communications that is responsible for leading the Transport Agency's engagement and communications with our external stakeholders and partners, as well as the community. We are the storytellers, developing the tools and channels that connect with our external audiences; and equipping our staff to not only tell our story but to develop better and more meaningful relationships with our stakeholders that deliver joint outcomes. We develop a range of products to tell our story through varied channels, working closely with other Engagement & Communications teams to achieve this task.
Our team is a small and dynamic, working across the business to understand who our stakeholders are, how we connect with them and work with them to achieve the outcomes being sought by their communities. Our role is to support the business in this work, provide them with advice and the tools to be successful.
This is a key role within the team; you will take the lead on the delivery of some programmes of work within the local government area and provide advice to Transport Agency management and staff. Working with our business partners, you will develop engagement and communications frameworks and plans, including mitigating risk.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the drive to deliver
- Previous experience in communications and engagement planning and delivery
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information
- Sound knowledge of communication and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualifications in communication or a related discipline
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team who will guide you through your professional development, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and join us.
Applications close: Thursday 26 October 2017
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
General enquiries: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Advisor Communications and Engagement September_2017.pdf (PDF, 792KB)