Manager Rail Compliance | Wellington
Manager Rail Compliance
- Are you customer focused, collaborative and curious?
- Be part of the new NZ transport Agency culture
- Wellington location
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The aim of the Transport Access Delivery group is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management. Reporting to the Senior Manager Regulatory Compliance this role's purpose is to achieve high levels of compliance with rail safety requirements and build a strong safety culture in the rail industry.
We are looking for a people focused leader who knows the regulatory environment inside out. You don't necessarily need to have a rail background, as long as you are an expert in regulation and compliance, with the ability to manage and develop a high performing team, we'd love to hear from you.
Another key part of this role is managing stakeholder relationships at a senior level, so you will also have the experience and credibility to lead and influence across a regulated sector to achieve enhanced safety performance.
To be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- Extensive leadership experience in a regulatory and/or infrastructure environment managing investigations, interventions and mitigation strategies
- Exceptional proven relationship management skills, including experience working with a range of government agencies and partners
- In-depth experience of using regulatory interventions to reduce harm or increase benefit
- Tertiary business qualifications at preferably post graduate level or in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
The Rail Compliance team is based in Wellington, so Wellington is the preferred location for this role, however we would consider Auckland for the right candidate.
Applications close: 25 September 2017
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD TAD_Manager_Rail_Compliance.pdf (PDF, 777KB)