Lead Strategic Planner | Wellington
Lead Strategic Planner
- Work on some of the biggest challenges in spatial and transport system planning in the country
- Bring your passion for system thinking and be part of a team enabling New Zealand to grow
- Three permanent roles, based in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have; customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – come and join us.
The focus of the Strategy, Policy and Planning Group is on setting the long-term direction of the land transport system through collaborative planning with both internal teams and strategic partners.
The Lead Strategic Planner will be at the forefront of our most complex issues involving high growth urban centres, regional economic development and have a role in developing ‘whole of transport sector' responses. You will do this in partnership with our transport sector partners, by developing strong alignment on evidence, economic and social outcomes and strategic system solutions.
You'll get the opportunity to lead, develop and promote transport system solutions, with a national focus. Use your strong relationship management skills and build effective partnerships and stakeholder relationships across the sector to bring information together and provide integrated system solutions to our customers. You'll be required to mentor and lead in a teaming environment.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Proven expertise and experience working with the machinery of Government and the decision making process including an in-depth understanding of the local and regional planning processes
- Proven experience in a senior role with a high level of strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking in a complex environment
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders to align evidence, outcomes and prioritise system responses
- Demonstrated ability to work in a teaming environment, model effective leadership and mentor other members of the team
- Excellent communication skills to deliver complex information in a concise and understandable way
- Sound project management skills, including a high delivery focus and excellent attention to detail
Applications close: 28/09/2017
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD SPP Lead Strategic Planner.pdf (PDF, 892KB)