Principal Structures Engineer | Auckland
Principal Structures Engineer
Principal Structures Engineer - System Design and Delivery
- Our work is valued, trusted, stimulating and complex
- Take your career to the next level in this agile and dynamic organisation
- Can be based in any of the four main offices – Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
The System Design and Delivery (SDD) business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
As part of the Technical Services Group you will use your engineering expertise to resolve complex technical challenges. You will be responsible for providing in-house consultancy, as well as contribute to the development and delivery of policy, standards, guidelines, tools and resources. Bring your knowledge, expertise and innovative thinking to contribute to research and development projects.
We are looking for someone with a practical and pragmatic approach, who embraces challenges and is an expert influencer. You will have strong stakeholder engagement skills, be open to change and thrive on working collaboratively with others to achieve successful outcomes.
To be successful here and in this role you will have:
- Extensive structural engineering experience
- A demonstrated understanding of engineering principles and transport systems operation
- Sound knowledge of the principles and best practice applied in the field of structural engineering
- Knowledge of the OPermit system, or similar
- The ability to effectively communicate on technical matters with other experts and the business
- Strong relationship skills that will ensure successful relationships are maintained with both internal and external stakeholders and partners
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close: Monday 16th October 2017
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD - SDD Principal Structures Engineer.pdf (PDF, 681KB)