Team Lead - Ministerial Services | Wellington
Team Lead - Ministerial Services
- Opportunity to lead and develop a new team
- Bring your extensive experience with official correspondence
- Plenty of variety and challenge
We're transforming our organisation because the world is changing. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and businesses want faster, easier and more personalised transport services and choices.
Our new Ministerial Services Team services the whole organisation, with the aim of ensuring consistency and effectiveness of our official correspondence and reporting across all business areas. We are building a high performing team which will use a combination of in-depth governance expertise and technical knowledge to deliver high quality and timely products and services to our internal and external customers.
We are looking for an energetic and effective leader with solid experience to manage our high functioning team of three Advisors and two Coordinators within the Ministerial Services team. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to grow team capability, improve processes and monitor performance. You will be skilled at providing clear direction while mentoring and coaching your five direct reports and others within Ministerial Services. The environment is very busy with a huge breadth of activity.
Key skills and experience we require include:
- Strong experience in a similar role in a government organisation, including significant experience working with Ministerials and an in depth understanding of the associated processes
- Experience managing and leading teams, and the skill and passion to grow the capability of your team
- Proven experience in managing and organising work load of teams in a complex demanding environment
- The ability to understand and anticipate risks and priorities across a large and varied organisation
- Demonstrated process and performance improvement skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A curious mind, willing to share new ideas
- Strong collaborative skills and the willingness to work across the Agency in a joined up approach
We provide an open environment where you have clear direction, the opportunity to meet your goals and where you are enabled to grow and succeed.
Applications close: 25/9/2017
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Team Lead Ministerial Services GSC PD Aug 2017.pdf (PDF, 539KB)